Notebook servers, quick start#
How to launch and access a notebook server#
- Log in to Bryn.
- Using the navigation menu on the left hand side, select 'Notebook servers' under the 'Compute' subheading.
- Click the 'Launch notebook server' green action button on the right hand side.
- Select a profile, for example 'Standard server' or 'GPU server' (tier dependent).
- Click 'Launch Server' and monitor the progress bar.
- Once ready, click the URL beneath the 'User notebook server'.
- On first login, you may be asked to authorize access to your Bryn account. Click 'Authorize'.
- The JupyterLab interactive computing interface should open in a new tab.
Finding your way around the JupyterLab interface#
We highly recommend spending a few moments familiarizing yourself with the basic JupyterLab interface. Head to the JupyterLab interface docs to get started.
Fundamentally, your screen is divided into a few areas. You'll see context menus at the top (File, Edit, View, Run etc.), a file browser pane on the left, and an activity area that initially displays a launcher interface with tiles. Clicking on one of these tiles will open a new tab in the activity area.